Thursday, November 1, 2007

For the first time in almost a year, I'm working on new studio work. I'm really excited about this, but also feeling rather rusty.

This is of actor John C. Riley. A great actor, and an even better face to work with.
This is my initial pencil sketch, cleaned up in Photoshop just a bit:






This is the color version(very much a work in progress) being created in Corel Painter X. I love this program and indeed all of my studio work is done with Painter.


If you'd like to see more of my work you can check it out at www.dionsocia.homestead.com

2 comments:

Joe Bluhm said...

Dion, please keep sharing your progress on this piece... it's incredible, so far.

I'll give a better crit as you go. ;)

Tim Bye said...

Yep - great work! I really love the initial sketch too - fabulous!